Prevent the Defacing of Buildings with The Best of Santa Clara Security Patrol Companies
Vandalism is typically a crime of youth, with perpetrators ranging in age from grade school age to young adult, but security patrol companies can be a deterrent. While many businesses view vandalism as a small problem compared to robbery or theft, vandalism costs an average of $3,370 per incident. This loss is paid directly or indirectly by business owners and passed on to customers.
Types of Loss
- Repair and replace. You need to paint over graffiti as soon as possible. Damaged or destroyed equipment, broken windows, doors, and locks will need to be repaired or replaced. You may also incur the short-term expense of renting needed equipment until replacements can be secured.
- Business Interruption. As vital equipment is repaired and replaced, your business and your employees will suffer a loss of income.
- Lost sales. Customers are often uncomfortable patronizing businesses recovering from vandalism, and if they go elsewhere, they may not return.
- Redesign your landscape. Plant prickly bushes and plants under windows and around doorways, and remove trees or shrubs that provide potential hiding places for vandals.
- Upgrade building features. Add exterior lighting around the building, and replace building surfaces with something difficult to mark.
- Hire a physical security company. This can include patrols, uniformed security guards, and other features that inform potential vandals that your property is protected.
Bay Area Security Guards Will Protect Your Commercial Property
As a physical security company and more, Orion Security provides various levels of protection for your business and home. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to support our patrol and uniformed security staff. Get in touch with us at (800) 564-5105 and let us develop a proposal to meet your needs.