20 Travel Safety Tips from Bay Area Security Company
Planning to travel somewhere in the U.S. or in other parts of the globe during the summer season? Make sure you’re well-versed with our 20 tips on staying safe while traveling this summer:
- Inform a friend, a family member or your partner that you’ll be traveling alone.
- Download an offline map app on your smartphone.
- Get the Red Cross Emergency App for weather alerts.
- Get a personal security app or an alarm response app if you’re heading to a new, strange place.
- Have enough cash with you to avoid using cards.
- Ask the local security patrol if there are any areas in particular you need to avoid.
- Observe the locals and try to emulate them to blend in.
- Always wear sunscreen when going out.
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothes so the heat won’t stay and you’ll be cooler.
- Always stay hydrated. Drink enough water to replace lost body fluids on any activity, whether you’re strolling through the mall or driving out into the open road.
- Cancel your activities if it’s too hot outside. Your health and safety is more important than sightseeing. When you’re outdoors, seek the nearest shade and choose establishments that have air conditioning.
- Work out at the gym early in the morning, or once the sun has set to prevent overheating and excessive fatigue.
- Don’t drink too much alcoholic or caffeinated drinks, as they cause you to lose essential body fluids and dehydrate.
- Keep your phone adequately charged in the event of an emergency.
- Shield yourself from germs by always bringing carrying hand sanitizer in your bag.
- Always try to find the nearest exit before an event.
- Put your most precious possessions in pockets or bags that only you can open.
- Keep your headphones or low or an ear out so you’ll have an idea of what’s happening in your surroundings.
- Inform a friend, a family member or your partner where you’re going and when you’re leaving.
- Notice an increased presence of security guards? It may be time to leave. Don’t wait until the crowd gets too wild or too unruly.
Hire a Security Company to Help with Residential or Commercial Security While Home or Away
If your home or business needs a little extra protection while you are away, contact us at Orion Security. Our security professionals are here to assist you with your residential and commercial security needs.