Orion Security is a professional Bay Area security company that recommends every company have some sort of security plan in place to ensure the safety of managers, employees, and equipment. The fact of the matter is that with the right security measures firmly set in the organizational structure, you will be able to prevent cases of theft or injury.
10 Ways to Maintain a Safe and Secure Workplace
1. Ensure that all doors and windows within the company premises are securely locked after business hours.
2. Make sure that all entrances are covered either by professional San Jose security guards at all times or during rush hours to screen those coming in and after hours to prevent any unauthorized access.
3. Ensure that you have a proper and well-functioning security system that meets the requirements and needs of your company, such as a Bay Area alarm response package.
4. In case you don’t have one already in place, make sure to install a surveillance system at your company’s entry and exit points in order to deter criminals and maintain proper records of who comes and goes.
5. Aside from the actual company premises, you should also ensure that your parking and lobby areas are kept secure, either with controlled access points or security guards stationed at various positions, especially during the night.
6. In case you travel to and from work using your vehicle, make sure that you double-check your car doors and windows before walking away to enter the building to prevent any crimes of opportunities.
7. You should ensure that there is sufficient lighting in and around your company premises in order to deter any potential criminals who may want to steal something or injure someone.
8. Technology is literally everywhere today and the devices we use to accomplish our day-to-day duties can be easily stolen or damaged if the right security measures are not put in place. As a result, you should think about investing in laptop and computer security because certain documents, if lost, can cost your company dearly in terms of revenue and work effort.
9. Anyone one may be able to access your company computers and laptops if they are not password protected. As a result, you should ensure that all of these machines are restricted and only authorized personal can access them.
10. Educating your employees and department heads regarding the various security measures in place can help to improve the safety levels of your company. This is because if people do not know what they are being protected from, or what risks they face, they may end up doing things that can lead to their or the company’s demise.
Get Additional Security with Bay Area Security Guards
For additional security presence, contact the team at Orion Security, a leading Bay Area security guard company. We offer uniformed guards, mobile patrol and surveillance systems for Bay Area companies and communities. Contact us today for more information by calling 800-564-5105 or fill out our online contact form.