Halloween Safety Tips From a Security Company
Halloween is just around the corner and we’re sure you’re really excited. To scare and to be scared is where the fun of Halloween lies but it’s also true that a large percentage of accidents and mishaps occur on this night, especially among kids and young adults.
While it’s a great fun to dress up in costumes and go to that amazing Halloween party, it’s more important to be safe. Security, just like in your home, starts with taking the right precautions. The right precautions will ensure that you are safe and can enjoy Halloween just the way you had intended.
Tips for your kids this Halloween
Here are some of the tips that can help you keep your kids safe this Halloween.
1. Be Careful When Crossing the Roads
Here is the thing about Halloween nights – they are one of the busiest nights of the year and since you and your kids would be busy celebrating, you might just forget the basics – like looking both ways when crossing the roads. You can also dress up your kid with a bright colored jacket, neon lights, or attaching reflective material to their costumes so they’re visible to cars at night. Using glow sticks and flashlights as a prop can also be useful.
2. Be Careful When Eating the Candies
You are sure to get some great candy on Halloween. However, you must take a look at what you’re eating. Checking the candy to see if it’s in original packing and hasn’t been tampered with can help you be safe. Check online for local screening facilities that will screen the candy for sharp objects that could be embedded in the candy.
3. Be Aware Of Your Surroundings
It’s easy for criminals to try and harm your kid on Halloween so warn them to stay away from strangers. Always make sure that your child is accompanied by an adult to make sure they don’t wander away and get lost in the crowd. Instruct kids to follow their elders and to not go to any dark places (or ally ways) alone.
Some Tips for The Youth & Young Adults this Halloween
- Understand that it is an occasion to scare and be scared but don’t go away scaring people if they aren’t into the Halloween Spirit.
- Ensure you are not too intoxicated while moving around in the streets to ensure your and others’ safety.
- Try to organize private parties or with groups so that there are proper security and regulations.
- Keep a limit on your alcohol consumption. And whatever you do, don’t drink and drive.
- Be careful about drugs as they might be disguised under a candy wrapper.
- Don’t go to places you aren’t familiar with.
Bay Area Security Services Are a Click Away
Halloween is a festive time that should be enjoyed to the fullest, but there is a need to be extra careful because a lot of unwanted things also happen behind the masks in the name of Halloween. Remember, if you’re careful, you can ensure your safety. Orion Security is a Bay Area security company that specializes in alarm response and uniformed security guards.